Affiliate Meeting/Reception Request/Approval Form
Please make sure to read the information below as policies and scheduling has changed.
• Any/all affiliates planning meetings/receptions to be held during the 2014 Annual Conference in Philadelphia at the Philadelphia Downtown Marriott between Wednesday, March 26 and Saturday, March 29, 2014 must submit a form for approval prior to securing space/planning the event. The link to the form appears at the bottom of this page. Please read all of the information below before you submit a request. Space is available on a first-come, first served basis. In addition, submission of this form constitutes agreement to the AAS affiliates event policy.
• As noted in previous announcements, for groups requesting space between Wednesday, March 26 and Saturday, March 29, the AAS will only assign meeting space to groups holding business meetings or receptions. We no longer provide space for meetings-in-conjunction (MIC) panel sessions.
• ROOM FEES: The AAS does not currently charge affiliate groups a fee for the use of meeting space. Additionally, you will not be charged a fee from the hotel for the use of the meeting space. However, please note that you will only be accessed fees should you order audio/visual equipment or catering during the meeting or event (see catering and A/V section below for more details)
• ROOM SETS: Due to the limited amount of time available for room turnovers, room sets available for meetings are limited to theatre style (same as panel session); or open room space for receptions. There are a very, very limited number of rooms available for conference style setting (table with chairs) and can mostly only be accommodated on Wednesday or with very limited seating.
• CATERING: Upon approval of your request form, the AAS will assign and confirm a meeting space with your group. After which you will be put in direct contact with a hotel representative to finalize all function/event details and any food & beverage billing arrangements. You are not allowed to use outside catering for your function. Any food and beverage catered by an outside vendor will be confiscated by the hotel and returned after the completion of the event. Please feel free to inquire with the hotel regarding any special dietary or cultural/themed menu options that may not appear on the provided menus. The chefs are always very accommodating with such requests.
*Additionally, due to the short breaks in between sessions, groups are not allowed or extremely limited in regards to catering orders for the Saturday afternoon time slot. Please be aware there are panel sessions immediately before and after the Saturday 1:00pm affiliate meeting time slot, which limits the hotel from setting or clearing catering orders in the 15 minute break between sessions. We strongly discourage ordering catering during this time and if needed should be limited only to coffee/beverage service. This also applies to the early morning time slot on Friday and Saturday.
• SCHEDULE: Meetings/Receptions may not be held during official AAS official conference program (during panel sessions). Please note the days/times below during which meetings/receptions may be scheduled – requests for meetings/receptions scheduled outside of these days/time will not be approved.
• AUDIO/VISUAL: Each year this proves to be the most confusing and stressful portion of hosting an affiliate meeting or event. Please read the next page for detailed information on ordering Audio Visual equipment. If your group does not require A/V please skip to the next section, "Deadline."
ORDERING AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT AT THE AAS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
• While the AAS does not charge groups for the actual meeting space; we do charge groups for the use of A/V equipment.
• As a convenience to groups, the AAS offers a very nominal fee to groups requesting audio visual equipment. Groups ordering A/V equipment and setup through the AAS meeting request forms will share the costs with other groups; this is how we are able to offer the equipment at a low cost.
• The AAS will provide the following equipment:
If your group is in need of extra equipment such as additional microphones, DVD players, computer, slide projector, etc., your group is responsible for ordering this equipment separately and independently directly from the hotel. Your group is responsible for any and all charges for the additional equipment and labor.
The AAS is NOT responsible for the failure in securing additional equipment beyond the standard items offered as noted above.
The AAS does it's best to make the process of reserving meeting space as smooth as possible; by arranging and providing for a basic A/V package at a much lower cost than direct orders and offering complimentary meeting space.
To ensure a good experience in the running of your event, please be sure to communicate with the hotel your additional needs and confirm all details prior to your meeting.
• DEADLINE: We will continue to accept meeting space request forms until all space is full. However, if you would like your meeting listed in the formal printed program, please return this form by December 20, 2013. Groups returning forms between December 21st & January 21st will be listed in the Addendum.
We will accept request forms after January 21st (if space is available) but your meeting/reception will not be posted in any AAS print publications.
• Please complete the form below to request meeting space. Complete one form for each scheduled event.